Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

charlesdayton

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 24, 2011
Anyone has bought the new Pinlo Smoothie?

http://www.pinlo.com/product.php?tt_id=2&tt_id2=66&weblan=e

It looks very similar to my current favorite TPU case, the Zum Gelee. But has two colored plastic rims and no port covers.

Here is a pic:
pro285b.JPG

And Gadgetmac's review:
http://www.gadgetmac.com/gadgetmac/pinlo-slice-smoothie-case-for-iphone-4s-review.html

Last edited:

lyceumHQ

macrumors 68000
Aug 4, 2010
Am hoping to find some users of this too. Looks a great case. But I've spent south on cases already I'm reluctant to shell out more before reading some reviews.

charlesdayton

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 24, 2011
Am hoping to find some users of this too. Looks a great case. But I've spent south on cases already I'm reluctant to shell out more before reading some reviews.

Same here. The only review I could find is Gadgetmac's. I'm waiting for some video reviews.

I would love a comparison with other 1mm cases like the Zum Gelee and Switcheasy Nude.

Currently I use the Gelee but like all TPU cases it tends to sag on the port area. Maybe the plastic frame in the Smoothie will prevent that. If so I will kindly switch over.

echos

macrumors newbie
Apr 21, 2012
is this a new product? If so, why the camera hole is still so small?

calvy

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2007
I'm sure it's like all Pinlo products. Very slim and nice when new, but the case will quickly tear or crack somewhere and Pinlo will fail to replace it because their warranty department is horrible.

I've personally tried the slice and the blade edge cases before and both broke or tore. Pinlo would not replace either of them for various reasons.

charlesdayton

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 24, 2011
@echos:

According to Gadgetmac's review it does not has any flash problems.

@calvy

It is a TPU case, not plastic. TPU is like rubber it does not cracks or tears.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.