Pinpoint problems

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by jshelton, Jan 7, 2009.

1. jshelton macrumors 6502a

I downloaded a program called Pinpoint. If you aren't familiar with it, it changes the type of cursor on the screen, etc. Anywho, it sucks and I couldn't get the cursor to appear. Now, I can't find the application to remove it. When I go to system preferences, it shows up at the bottom, but when I look in Finder it isn't there. How do I find it so I can put it in the trash?

Thanks

2. JediMeister macrumors 68040

If its in your System Preferences, you would need to go to Macintosh HD/Library/PreferencePanes to remove it from the computer. You will probably also be prompted for the administrator password before you can trash it.

3. jshelton thread starter macrumors 6502a

Nice. I'll try it. Gracias

4. jshelton thread starter macrumors 6502a

That didn't work. I still can't find the program. Any ideas?

5. JediMeister macrumors 68040

Just to double check, when you say you go to System Preferences and you see it "at the bottom" is it in an additional row titled Other? Or are you talking about something else?

Attached Files:

6. jshelton thread starter macrumors 6502a

That's right, it is in the row titled "Other". I have it turned off and I am still getting pop ups that ask if I want to purchase the program or continue with the trial.

7. notchfiend Guest

Here's help. Third of the way down it tells you how to get rid of 3.0. This method does _not_ work in the App Store version. Only the old MacChampion one.

Hope this helps _someone_.

nf

8. kpgh554 macrumors regular

have you right click it in system prefs it should ask if want to remove it