Pinstripes(?) in colors on rMBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by macjoshua, Jan 28, 2016.

1. macjoshua macrumors 6502

Here's a weird one. I've noticed over the last couple months that my mid-2014 rMBP has slight pinstripes in colors - they show up prevalently in blues, yellows, and oranges, but are present in any color that is brighter/richer or more saturated. They aren't visible in grays, light blues, etc.

Could this be a graphics card issue? It's hard to get a picture because my iPhone has a hard time focusing on the screen, but you can see it in the blue featured star.

IMG_0329.JPG

2. JTToft macrumors 68040

Are those not just the screen's pixels? If you're sure it isn't, does it show up in screenshots (if yes, then software issue), does it show up on an external monitor (if yes, then GPU issue), or does it only show up on the built-in screen (if yes, then screen issue)?

3. macjoshua, Jan 29, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2016

macjoshua thread starter macrumors 6502

It's almost like rows of pixels are lighter and darker - making the striped effect. Like I said, it was hard to get a photo of with my phone that really showed the issue. It doesn't show up in screenshots or on an external monitor. I was hoping it wasn't a screen issue, but I think that might be what it is.