Pioneer DEH-P9800BT (Syncing iPhone phonebook)

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by starscream1101, Dec 23, 2008.

1. starscream1101 macrumors newbie

Is it possible to sync the iPhone phonebook with the Pioneer DEH-P9800BT? I used to have an old Motorola SLVR and RAZR that synced just fine with the Pioneer deck I own (for nearly 18 months now). I bought the Original iPhone when it came out a few months after I bought the deck and could never get the phonebook to sync. I just recently upgraded to the iPhone 3G since I had cracked the glass on the old iPhone and it was virtually the same price to get a new 3G as it would have been to repair the old one (on a side note: I now get my FAN discount...yeah!). I was browsing some other forums and noticed that with the 2.2 update that the iPhone 3G was able to sync phonebooks with Pioneer decks...I've tried it...but I can't seem to get it to work. Is there anything I need to do? With the SLVR it all transferred seamleassly....with the RAZR I had to send the addresses one at a time...so I know how to do it...but with the iPhone...I can't seem to find a way to send the contacts.

Help?

2. mrinternet macrumors newbie

Ahh Yes the old A2DP issue I believe.
    Interesting it might be that the deck uses A2DP for the bluetooth that an iPhone doesn't have built in. You need a A2DP BT adapter for the bluetooth.
    Ebay has them form about $10 US.
    You see there is 'bluetooth' and there is bluetooth.
    The iPhone should work with the deck but only the phone part. For it to work with the music part you need an ipod adapter like the onementioned above.
    It looks like Pioneer have addressed this problem so have released the CD-IB100II add on unit for your deck. It is on ebay for $60 on up. I would say that the next generation deck will address this better but is gettng pretty close.

3. starscream1101 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for the reply. I have the original CD-IB100. It works just fine with my iPod but not my iPhone. I'm assuming the newer version work with the iPhone/iPhone 3G. I have my iPhone 3G hooked up via auxiliary cable and the phone works just fine calling and receiving via bluetooth.

Saying all that, I just need the A2DP adapter to sync my contact list?

After a bit of research, I believe the adapter is all I really need as my 30GB iPod connected is connected to my deck. I may not buy anything actually...syncing my contacts is not mandatory just a nice addition I would have enjoyed. I am getting the Power Slider for Xmas and will be far to lazy to actually use the A2DP adapted after I synced my contact list.

Once again, thanks for the detailed reply!

4. goodgod102 macrumors newbie

I just installed a Pioneer AVIC F500BT in my car and the address book syncs up perfectly so its not the iphone 3G that nots allowing it. The new Pioneer units use a parrot bluetooth module to make this possible. I can recieve calls, dial out on the screen and it will even tell me when i recieve and SMS.

5. Cedrick macrumors newbie

Solution for jailbreakers

I got a solution:

Used hardware:

Pioneer DEH-P65BT
    Jailbroken!! Iphone 3g FW: 3.1.2.
    Mac or PC (addressbook on Mac or Outlook on Win)

Steps:

- Sync your contacts trough Itunes with your PC or Mac
    - Go to addressbook on Mac (or Outlook on win) and export all your contacts to a vcf file (Called Vcards in addressbook)
    - Copy the vcf file to your Iphone (iphoneExplorer / SSH / DiskAid or other solution)
    - Download iBluetooth (I used it from the Xsellize source)
    - Set up you radio to PhoneBook Transfer (Your phone is not connected to the radio at this point)
    - In iBluetooth browse to the VCards.vcf and send it to the Pioneer unit.
    - It now says transfer done and the phonebook is stored.

Posted this because it took me days to get it working. Haven't found a working solution on the net.

Also transfering the phonebook from another phone isn't a solution because however the phonebook will be stored it won't be usable by your iphone. The pioneer registers the phonebook to a device so it's absolutely necesarry to transfer it from the actual iphone (or send it from a laptop with a spoofed BT-Mac that matches your iphone)

Good luck!

- Cedrick