Pioneer PAC iPod adapter with iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by racemize, Jul 2, 2007.

1. racemize macrumors member

I've got an old Pioneer DEH P4100 that I hooked up a Pioneer PAC adapter to. Works great with an iPod. When I plug in my iPhone, it begins to charge, but it won't play the audio through the car speakers (just the iPhone speakers). I called Apple phone support and got transferred 7 times until the last person told me that as far as she knew, the iPhone was not supported for nor would it work in cars (which is ridiculous, but what can I say at that point?). Anyone have any ideas / what should I get to make this work? I could get an adapter that goes from Pioneer -> RCA -> 1/8", but then I have to plug in two things to get the iPhone charging and playing music.

2. angrygolfer macrumors 6502

I think its going to be a crap shoot. Thats probably you're best bet until the Car Audio manufacturers start making there gear work with the iPhone. I am in a similar situation with Alpine. I am 99% there with it. Everything works fine except I get static through my car speakers when a call comes in or a mke a call while the iPhone is still connected to the Alpine's iPod interface. I am going to call Alpine tomorrow to see what they say.

I think your best bet is use 1/8" connector for now.