Pioneer VSX-1021 and Internet Sharing issues

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by martinm0, Jan 4, 2012.

1. martinm0, Jan 4, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2012

martinm0 macrumors 6502a

Taking a wild stab out here, but anyone using internet sharing on a mac to connect other non-computer devices to the internet/network?

I picked up the Pioneer VSX-1021 and hooked it up today. I had no issue connecting my iPhone and iPad to the receiver through the iControlAV2 app when connecting the receiver directly to my router (Airport Extreme). I then set up internet sharing under OSX (wifi in to mac mini, ethernet out to receiver), but can't seem to get any of my devices to connect to the receiver now. Receiver shows an IP address and subnet, so assuming its working to some extent.

Anyone else doing this of having similar issues? Any reason why internet sharing wouldn't/shouldn't work in this situation? And any tricks or settings I need to tweak?

2. martinm0 thread starter macrumors 6502a

An update for anyone following the thread. I believe the issue at this point is not so much with the internet sharing, but more on accessing the receiver over wifi from the iPhone and iPad with this setup. I was able to use internet sharing to check for software updates on both the reveiver and my blu ray player (both devices indicated they had the most up to date software and no reference to a network error).

So, it would appear the issue is more the devices reaching the receiver over wifi. Assuming this is to do with Mac Mini (which is supplying the internet via ethernet cable to the revceiver).

I'm going to poke around more on this, but anyone have any thoughts on the fix here? I should test the wifi without any security as I've heard that can be an issue, but any other gems of wisdom? Thanks in advance.