Pioneer's Rayz Lightning-Equipped Earphones Gain 'Hey Siri' Support

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jul 17, 2017.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Pioneer today announced that its Rayz line of Lightning-equipped earphones designed for the iPhone are receiving a major update that adds "Hey Siri" functionality along with other new features.

Enabled through new firmware and an update to the Rayz app that's being released today, the earphones can now activate Siri with the standard "Hey Siri" command even while the iPhone is tucked away in a pocket. That means Siri can respond to requests without the need for users to take the iPhone out of a purse, bag, or pocket.

[​IMG]
    First announced in February, the Rayz Plus earphones feature a built-in Lightning port for charging an iPhone while listening to music, smart noice cancellation, smart buttons, sensors for auto play/shutoff, and a smart mute function that was added in June.

Today's update also introduces AutoPause improvements, status beeps that indicate when Smart Mute is active, and native language support for Chinese, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, and Spanish.

Pioneer's Rayz Plus earphones can be purchased from Amazon for $149.95 in Bronze and Graphite. Apple also sells the Pioneer Rayz Plus in Rose Gold and Black. The slimmed down standard version of the Rayz, priced at $99.95, is not yet available for purchase.

Article Link: Pioneer's Rayz Lightning-Equipped Earphones Gain 'Hey Siri' Support

2. morcutt11 macrumors 6502

morcutt11

I guess I never realized that the Siri wakeup command couldn't be used through a microphone connected through the audio or lightning port. It seems odd that headphones would require the sophistication to recognize the wakeup command (and support multiple languages in going so) instead of just having the phone support the wake up command through the audio interface.

3. subjonas macrumors 6502a

Wow can the AirPods or any of the w1 chip headphones even do Hey Siri?

4. jacjustjac macrumors member

jacjustjac

I bought these last week and I have to say, they're great. Good sound, decent noise cancelling that works on a NYC subway (even if the subway doesn't). I like all the features they packed into them, and they keep improving them. But... I realize I just can't live with cables any more. I spent the extra money on Bose QC 30s for my noise cancelling needs, even though the sound isn't as good, because I just don't like being tethered to something in my pocket anymore.

5. AppleRobert macrumors 603

Hope the Bose work out for you, I bought the Rayz and they will not be return. Time to try out Siri! : )

Enjoy.

6. Ipadlover29 macrumors 6502a

Picked these up today at the Apple Store. Absolutely love them so far. Sound quality is very good, very comfortable and noise cancelling is good. I wouldn't say the noise cancelling is as good as my Bose qc35 but they are good enough taking the subway and public transportation. I love all the extra features like: auto pause, hear thru, auto mute, custom equalizer, hey sir and more software updates to come. I don't know why there is no case or pouch included at this price point and quality. That's probably my only complaint.