Pirating Issue with MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mxw031, Dec 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mxw031 macrumors newbie

Hey everyone,

I'm purchasing a 15" MBP soon as a sort of gift to myself and to prepare for college. And I was wondering if anyone could tell me the good and bad of pirating on a MBP? I don't need to be told it's illegal or 'unethical', I'm just asking if it can give viruses.

Obviously if I want to torrent using a program like Transmission I'll only be selecting strongly seeded files. I basically just want to torrent music and movies.

I'm thinking that since Macs are known for being virus-free then it wouldn't be a problem seeing as I do it on my desktop PC without virus protection. Anyway, any help or tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone.

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Must be really hard to read when someone signs up here:

Warez/Serials/Keys. Do not post software serial numbers or keys or refer people to specific websites, software, or techniques whose purpose is to break or bypass software licensing methods, distribute cracks, or obtain or use commercial software or media in violation of its license and/or for copyright violation. Do not ask for or give such help.

from http://guides.macrumors.com/Help:Forum_Rules#Things_Not_to_Do

But to tell you the truth, pirating is really fun with an MBP, but not so much with an iMac.

I don't know why though.

3. phishindsn macrumors regular

I am pretty sure pirates can use MacBook Pro's, although the salt from the sea might be a problem. I suggest getting a Panasonic Touchbook just in case you drop it when you are looting and pilaging the local town.

4. J the Ninja macrumors 68000

If you spill rum on your keyboard, shut it down, remove the battery, and let it dry for a few days!

5. phishindsn macrumors regular

Argh...a pirate never spills his rum.

6. mxw031 thread starter macrumors newbie

Arrrrrggggh I just don't want to be gettin' scurvy...if you get me drift. Scurvy being anything infectious that could slow me down....

7. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Repetition seems to be in order, as you might have not noticed from the red text, we can't help you here with any specifics.
    But there are other forums out there.

8. phishindsn macrumors regular

Another reason is why we are moching your post mxw031. LIke he is stating it's against this forum's policies. If you plan to do this type of research on here, well start with using google and find some illegal answers elsewhere.

If you are going to steal at least put some effort to find the answers yourself...lazy people :confused:

9. JamesGorman macrumors 65816

JamesGorman

Macs are virus free. Mostly..I think there is a few pieces of spyware out there...but thats as far as it goes, and you pretty much have to install it yourself in the form of a DMG.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.