Pismo Carbon Clone HELP

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Fishtalk, Oct 25, 2008.

1. Fishtalk macrumors regular

I've just managed to resussitate my dear old Pimso..... thanks to you guy's.
    I kept getting Kernal panic crashes untill someone suggested that it might be the RAM memory.... apparently it was I pulled one of the two 128Mb sticks
    and for the moment it seems to work (trying to find a 2nd hand 512MB on eBay)
    But for the moment I ONLY have 128
    Problem is now//// Since I've been trying EVERYTHING for two weeks untill I fell on that soultion.... I've wiped my H/D and reinstalled with OSX 10.2 ( the only CD I had avaiable at the time.)
    I had my H/D backed up with Carbon Cloner to a Firewire Ext. Hard drive in a bootable version but its 10.3.9 ( my old system)
    As I have all my info + Apllications (Fire fox, Photoshop Word, Carbon cloner.... All my Iphoto Libary and iTunes libary....ect.I was wondering if I could JUST re-clone my Back-up to my Pismo H/D ( I have about 16GB free) Can you have two systems at the same time 10.2 and 10.3.9 on the same H/D (20GB) or should I throw out the 10.2 (HOW and WHEN?) OR should I just use the appplications by booting from the Ext H/D...OR transfer the applications I want across to the 10.2 ????
    Will 10.3 applications work with 10. 2 ??? AND WILL my lowly 128 RAM be able to deal with all that stuff.... and will all my presets come back to the RAM once AND IF I can re-clone my orginal stuff.. Sorry this is a bit complicated...for me too. thanks in advance DAVID

2. applefan1997 macrumors 6502

You can't have both OS's on the HD. 128MB is the minimum for Panther, but it should be OK. You can clone it through FW disk mode. Mount that and the External HD on another Mac, and use CCC to clone the drive.