pissed about apps

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by captainfester, Mar 30, 2011.

1. captainfester macrumors member

hey guys,

im alittle fired up that i have to repurchase some apps for the ipad version. perfect example is sling player mobile. ($30) i have it for the iphone and it works fine. it will work on ipad but have to do the 2x zoom option. they have a ipad version but they want me to buy it again. it offers no more functionality than the original version just that it is formatted for ipad.

anyway around this?

2. Bluemeanie1976 macrumors 6502a

Bluemeanie1976

Just use the ipod version. Problem solved. I do think that the apps should have ipod, and ipad built in together, but they don't. They treat them as 2 devices, which they are.

3. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

Sling media rip you off anyway with charging the amount they do for an app that only works with hardware you've already bought off them!
    Having said that, the iPad version is worth getting as the interface is better suited to the large screen and the output via the Component cable is higher resolution and better quality.
    I guess if you've already spent £500+ on an iPad and £100+ on a SlingBox, then another £18 isn't going to break the bank!