PithHelmet won't install - possible problem with Acid Search?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by kg1984, Jan 3, 2008.

1. kg1984 macrumors member

I've recently bought and downloaded PithHelmet for use with Safari 3.04, it worked initially - worked in the sense that the little helmet icon was showing. I then went on to install AcidSearch. Now, neither appear to be working or, indeed, installed. I've reinstalled PithHelmet 3 times and whilst it goes through the set up process, nothing seems to be added to the system.

Has anyone experienced this type of behaviour before? Anyone know a fix? A Spoitlight for SIMBL shows nothing :confused:

Thanks.

P.S. SR MacBook 2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM, Leopard

2. kg1984 thread starter macrumors member

Since this post it the first result on a google search for "PithHelmet not working" I thought I would put up the solution I've found.

Thanks to this Apple discussion thread I came across the idea that there may be two InputManager folders existing on my system, one in the root/Library and one in ~/Library.

PithHelmet appears to be a system-wide Safari plugin by default (i.e. not specifically for one user). By deleting the SIMBL folder from the ~/Library/InputManagers I was able to get PithHelmet running again.