Pitting on 2011 unibody MBP.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by shawnthepep, Feb 21, 2012.

1. shawnthepep macrumors newbie

Hi folks.

I saw a thread quite a while ago about this here, but nothing much was resolved.

I picked up my 15" MBP last year, brand new from Apple. I use it quite a bit doing general stuff, a bit of gaming but mostly photo editing and some minor graphic design.

With this use, the spot on the right where I rest my hand is being eaten away, slowly.

Here's a few photos of what I'm talking about. They're not of my computer, but it's pretty well identical to that.

Before you ask, I don't wear a watch or anything on my wrist other than my skin.

I'm debating picking up a Speck case, or something similar in hopes of slowing it down.

Thanks.

2. kevinbomb123 macrumors member

Same here.. except mines a little worse. I love my macbook and would never use anything else but theres a very high chance i will never buy one again it its going to decompose on me.:mad::mad:

3. GuitarG20 macrumors 65816

GuitarG20

last time I saw a thread about this, someone said that the acidity of some people's skin oils can cause this... mine doesn't do this, though, so I wouldn't know.

4. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

I have two or three tiny 'pits'. Even though they could just be dinks in the edge.
    Anyway, I too have heard that they can be caused by oils in your skin.