Pittsburghers getting an iPhone!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Sean7512, Jun 13, 2007.

1. Sean7512 macrumors 6502a

I am wondering if any Pittsburgh forum members will be getting the iPhone on launch day? I was thinking we should all meet up and wait in line together....assuming we go to the same Apple/AT&T Store. I am going to go to the South Hills Village around 2ish. I choose the Village, because it has both an Apple and AT&T store, so that way I can scope out the line at each place and go to the smaller line. Of course there is the Apple store in Shadyside and many other AT&T stores...but what are your plans?........if there are even any Pittsburghers out there.....am I alone, someone here has to be with me :p

2. Aperture macrumors 68000

Aperture

I'm a Pittsburgher but I'm just going to be going to my local AT&T stores. I really don't want to have to go to either Apple Store. :p

3. macmanpgh macrumors newbie

I was planning on going to the Shadyside store. Do you really think there are going to be long lines? Somehow I have a hard time imagining hundreds of "Burghers" lining up to shell out 600 bucks for a phone.

4. Sp71Supra macrumors regular

I am about 40 min south of the city, about 20 min from South Hills Village. I am heading to the att store in irwin, its a lil corporate store all by itself on rt 30. I just drove past, no line.. ill be there around 5 am.

5. Aperture macrumors 68000

Aperture

I really don't know. I thought about this same thing, how many people here are actually going to wait in line all day and spend $600 on a cell phone? I have no idea, I guess time will tell. If you do go to the Shadyside store, let us know afterwards (or during if you plan on bringing a notebook) what the lines are like. :)

6. macmanpgh macrumors newbie

I figured I'll drive by mid morning and see what the situation is like.

7. macmanpgh macrumors newbie

There were about 20 people in line in front of the Shadyside Apple store around noon. Did anybody else see lines in front of ATT stores?

8. ckelley macrumors regular

I'm from Moon Township, I would go scope the lines at 6 (just to see the madness, I can't afford an iPhone right now) but I got called into work at 5 earlier this morning. Oh well.

My friend is standing in line at the AT&T store in The Mall at Robinson right now. He's been there all morning. Haven't heard anything from him in a while though.

9. b3beater macrumors member

b3beater

I remember how congested the SHV mall was at grand opening... I can't imagine how bad it will be later... Im sure a lot of people who aren't ready to buy one will still go for the circus and to see this little marvel

10. macmanpgh macrumors newbie

So did everyone get their phones? I waited in line at the Att store only to find out that they ran out of 8 gig phones by the time I got in. The Apple store still had plenty of those a day later