Pixel 7 - New Google 7" tablet?

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by epicrayban, Oct 22, 2016.

1. epicrayban macrumors 603

epicrayban

2. mjcharlton71 macrumors member

Would love another 7 (possibly 8) inch pure Google tablet, having dropped a key on my 2013 LTE that cracked the screen and killed the touch layer! Repair awkward, as it's the LTE version and screen assembly seems to be hard to source.

Love my Pixel C, bit a smaller tablet would get a load of use too.

3. JaySoul macrumors 68020

JaySoul

If they are truly going up against Apple and Samsung, then it makes perfect sense that they will Pixel-ise their tablet line up and sort it out properly.

4. epicrayban thread starter macrumors 603

epicrayban

I hope so. My iPad is the last stronghold for iOS. I'm ready for a more advanced tablet experience. I've always considered iOS great on the tablet since it's mainly just a media consumption and web browsing device, never needed it to do anything more. However, this last vacation I took made me realize, yeah, I do want my tablet to do all the things my android smartphone can do. I'm ready for that in a premium package.

The rumor sounds confident about the Pixel 7" (evleaks) so I'm looking forward to the reveal.

This Andromeda OS sounds really interesting. The positive reviews of the Pixel smartphones shows Google is getting serious. I hope they are for tablets too.

I'd even consider a good Chromebook...

5. spinedoc77 macrumors G3

spinedoc77

I wonder if they will be the last ones with pen support. Shame, otherwise it will probably be a great tablet.

6. tbayrgs macrumors 603

tbayrgs

I'd seriously consider one if 8" and with a 4:3 display ratio. I still have a Nexus 7 (2013) that's sole purpose is a Chromecast server and while I like the design, the 16:10 ratio is less than ideal and 7" is not significantly different from my phone to warrant carrying it as well.

7. epicrayban thread starter macrumors 603

epicrayban

I'd be fine with either size. I think I would really enjoy the compact size of a 7", but also the larger screen in still small size of the 8".