pixel differences on safari, firefox, IE

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by pelsar, Feb 6, 2009.

1. pelsar macrumors regular

http://www.spinnerdesign.co.il/recentprojects.html

the two images have different placements on the different browsers ...firefox is correct while safari and IE are wrong (pc and mac computers)
    (if you look at the borders of the images you can see how they are not in the same exact position.

any ideas why?

2. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

Can't say specifically what's happening, but I can tell you something I observed. Looking at the image, the CSS has it placed using the top property. If you decrease it in Safari by a pixel, things lien up properly. This means something on the page is causing your background image to end up 1 pixel sooner. Tracking that down could take some time, but isn't likely related to the image's CSS. It's one of the reasons I don't care for absolute positioned layouts. Hopefully that hint will help out.

3. CANEHDN macrumors 6502a

CANEHDN

I have noticed that Safari, Firefox, and IE all render placement is CSS a little differently. Although with your site, I don't notice a difference in Safari and Firefox.

4. snickelfritz macrumors 65816

snickelfritz

Changing the Text size in Safari (command+ or command-) moves the images outside of the white frames, and generally borks the entire layout.

BTW, I really like the site design.

5. pelsar thread starter macrumors regular

thanks for the hint.....

at least now i have somewhere to start.....i guess my first place is moving the styles to the "relative" position....