Pixel Issue on new iPhone 6S Plus

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ChimpNamedEnid, Oct 1, 2015.

1. ChimpNamedEnid macrumors member

Hey all -

Yesterday, I received my 6s+ (Att/128/space gray) and upon getting it up and running, I've noticed there is a stuck/dead pixel near the lower quarter of the screen.

It's only visible on dark/black backgrounds, but it's enough to annoy me (especially after getting the + for the increased screen size.)

At the risk of running more errands than necessary, do you guys recommend visiting AT&T store or Apple store? I chatted online with Apple and they said to try my hand at going to AT&T, but I would like to avoid that if possible.

I also know with people still waiting on their shipments, I don't want to be the jerk coming into the store complaining about issues with mine and I don't know if they even have replacement units yet.

2. gsmornot macrumors 68030

gsmornot

I'm not sure where you will get your final resolution but I personally would start with the Apple Store. If they send you to AT&T then you go but I would start with the source first. Don't feel bad about having the device ahead of others, the others understand you received yours first. No big deal.

3. ChimpNamedEnid thread starter macrumors member

I just wanted to follow-up to my original post and say that about 6 hours after finding the pixel issue on my 6S+, the problem seemed to fix itself!

4. Ta0jin macrumors 6502

I got my 6s plus on the 5th and just noticed that I have a stuck/dead pixel as well. It's only noticeable on a blac background. I called AT&T and they told me to take it to Apple and they couldn't do anything (which I think is total B.S.). The rep said that Apple will fix it which would be fine if this were a few months down the road but I'm still in my 14 day return/exchange period. I just got the phone and I don't want a remanufactured device nor to have the screen opened up. Sadly my store doesn't have anymore silver 128gb in stock. Calling the carrier again I guess.

5. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

If you are within the 14 day return/exchange period then return it and get a new one.

6. Ta0jin macrumors 6502

Oh I'm gonna get them to do something (whether it be return or exchange), I should've just gone to Apple instead of AT&T to get my phone in the first place.