Pixel issue?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Kupp, Apr 25, 2011.

1. Kupp macrumors regular

So I have notices a slight issues with my iPad screen. On the top of the screen I noticed an off color speck of screen space. It generally appears like the pixel is at a brighter color output, slightly lighter and of higher intensity.

The problem however seems to go away after I have been using the iPad for a while, once the screen warms up perhaps?

I made an genius bar appointment for tomorrow just to document it, as I don't see the need to do anything unless it gets worse, but I am just not sure what to even call this issue, and am simply concerned that the issue could get worse.

It is a 32 GB wifi only iPad 2.

2. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

I had a single dead pixel on mine that was really hard to show the guy. But I was able to and got mine replaced today. Best thing to do almost always is to take it to an Apple Store. I have had pretty much all good experiences with the one here.

3. Kupp thread starter macrumors regular

I went and got it documented, although I couldn't show him the problem.

Further use has highlighted the issue more, such that when the iPad is cold, like in my house with the heat off at mid 50's temp, there is. A bright white speck on the screen. When the unit warms up either from use or just moving to a warmer place the issue mostly subsides. Being in a 70 degree apple store... You cannot see the issue.

Oh well, I have I documented, and I shall see if it gets worse.