Pixel Junk Monsters (PSN) Thread

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by jaw04005, Mar 22, 2008.

1. jaw04005 macrumors 601

jaw04005

Who has downloaded it? I must say it's addictive. Overall it seems to be one of the better PSN games out there.

I just wish once you unlocked a tower, you get to keep that tower. Having to collect gems over and over is annoying.

2. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

I love it (but suck at it)! The PSP play is great too.

3. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

LOL, that's a tower defense map. :D If you love this type of game, download one of a billion for Warcraft 3 TD mods. Of course you need WC3. :eek:

Burbenog is absolutely the best TD IMO. :) But it's only for a small group of peeps. Most TD are for lots of peeps.

Anyway, I figured this would eventually end up on consoles. I've already found Flash versions. But unless you're playing this type of game with a pointer, it has to be limited. Burbenog would be next to impossible to beat/play on a gamepad.

<]=)

4. Antares macrumors 68000

Antares

I love this too. But, yeah, it's tough as nails. :(

I'll have to look for those WCIII tower defense mods...

5. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

There's BILLIONS! :eek:

This is my favorite, and it's a great way to kill time with friends. The game requires that every corner keep up its end. The game is all about balance, it's needed to be beat. Teamwork is an absolute must.

A tower defense with no mouse and no keyboard shortcuts is freaking insane. It would only make things cumbersome and as mentioned earlier, things would have to be limited. With most WC3 TDs, you can set towers almost anywhere, so one method -- depending on the map -- is to setup mazes to help keep the onslaught of ground creeps somewhat controllable early on, until you can afford better towers, upgrades, or heros, etc..

<]=)

6. Antares macrumors 68000

Antares

7. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

Most TDs are all about co-op. It's what makes them so much fun -- at least for me. But most can be beat solo play, even though they state best for x amount of players. The good maps will automatically close down a lane if no player is present in that spot.

Here's the only two I've played/beat solo -- they're OLD:
    Marvel vs XMen:
    This was a really fun TD for one or 2 players, but beyond that, it was too unbalanced. (You have to build at the very top, right in front of the exit portal to beat this one.)

CounterStrike:
    Better with a group of friends, but still enjoyable single play.

Burbenog can be single play, if you're a master of the game. :eek: It's REALLY freaking hard and requires lots of running around and micromanagement.

With BattleNet, which is free, there was never really a shortage of friends to games with.

<]=)

8. pionata macrumors 6502

I finished the entire thing in coop. Cant wait for the expansion. I played this more than all those expensive games... so addictive.