pixel problem on 2.4 GHz unibody MB from May

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by qwerty1, Sep 8, 2009.

1. qwerty1, Sep 8, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2011
  2. Hrududu macrumors 68020

Hrududu

No they won't. Up to a certain number of stuck, dead, or hot pixels are acceptable. One stuck pixel isn't going to constitute a replacement.

3. celticpride678

I have the same model notebook as you and have one dead pixel. I went to the Genius Bar about it and they said they would be happy to replace it. However, it would have to be sent out. They also told me this: Every single display has at least one dead pixel, you just have to look closely. I looked at two displays at the Store and sure enough, they had dead pixels. Keep in mind, if you decide to send it out, there is no guarantee that the next display won't have the same or even more. Also, keep in mind, sending it out will only be allowed within the first 6-7 months of purchase. After that, you will have to live with it.

Finally, please search before posting as this has been discussed multiple times before. Thanks!

4. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

I had to look so darn hard to even find it.

I wouldn't risk sending it out, just out of fear of getting a crappier panel or one with dead pixel(s) in a more prominent location.