Pixel Skin HD vs Magpul

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by richxps, Oct 28, 2011.

1. richxps macrumors 65816

richxps

Can anyone give there opinion on what case is better of the two ? Im rocking a bumper and zagg now but im thinking of going with a full case for my 4S.

2. Jmacman78 macrumors 6502

Jmacman78

I've had the Pixel Skin HD, it was a decent case, not too protective. I did have some issues with it, the button feedback through the case was terrible. I couldn't really feel the clicks of the buttons, that kind of bothered me. Maybe that's changed since then.

I am getting a Magpul Executive case today and I plan on doing a quick video review of it tonight for my initial impressions. I think it will offer more protection than the Pixel Skin HD will.

3. richxps thread starter macrumors 65816

richxps

great, can you do a side by side compare of the two cases too. Thanks so much.

4. Jmacman78 macrumors 6502

Jmacman78

Unfortunately I don't have my Pixel Skin HD anymore so I won't be able to do that. I ended up giving it to someone else.

5. Jmacman78 macrumors 6502

Jmacman78

My Magpul Executive case just came in and I put it on. I really like this case, it fits perfectly.
    Very small lip on the front so you could lay it on a table face down without the screen touching.
    Good grip, but not a lint magnet. No manufacturing weirdness.
    Looks like it offers moderate protection.
    The buttons feel good through the case, good feedback.
    All the cutouts are very good.

For $10 I'd buy this case all day long.

I assume the regular Field Case is just as nice and probably offers a little more protection. I went with the Executive version because it looked thinner. I am very impressed with this case. I'll post my video tonight and some photos as well.

6. TG1 macrumors 6502a

TG1

I also had issues with the PixelSkin HD including poor button feedback, bubbling my screen protector in one corner, and having great difficulty taking it off. That said, I still thought it was a very good case with a great look, a pretty good tactile feel (decent grip), and not a dust magnet like silicone cases. 8 out of 10.

7. BadMoon macrumors 6502

My 3 Magpuls arrive today. Can't wait to go home and check them out. :cool:

8. pocketdoc macrumors 6502a

Pixelskin is bulkier.

The Magpul is very thin. I like the feel and look of the Magpul, and as stated, for $10, you cannot go wrong.

9. Jmacman78 macrumors 6502

Jmacman78

Here is my quick review of the Magpul Executive Field case:

http://youtu.be/v4g-TEFzWEU

I've gotta say I really like the case a lot and for the price ($10) I don't see how you can go wrong in a market thats flooded with overpriced cases.