Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

slitherjef

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 8, 2012
Earth
Given the option between these two tablets, which would you pick and why? Personally I'm leaning a bit towards the slate (over the pixel XL 3) this year as a stop gap since this year's phones are kinda underwhelming and a bit disappointing.

That and I want a bit of a larger device for media consumption. ChromeOS sounds a bit different. It could be possible to root since ads are getting ridiculous (seriously they should just put content in the ad banner and make the rest of the website a clickable ad since a lot of places are mostly ads anyway with way less content... Errr tangent over...)

Also thought maybe Linux could be shoehorned on to the thing or perhaps Google's experimental Android ender. The slate would probably be serviced a bit longer as well.

Are you looking at the slate?

sracer

macrumors G4
Apr 9, 2010
where hip is spoken
No need to root Chrome OS to get rid of ads. Since Chrome OS includes a full desktop version of the Chrome browser (including support for extensions), simply use your favorite adblocking extension.... at least for web browsing.

I'm not a fan of how Samsung supports (or doesn't support) their tablets. It seems like they get orphaned 4 months after they're released.

What are the reasons why you would want the Samsung Tab S4?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.