Pixel that Hates Working

Discussion in 'iPad' started by VidPro, May 2, 2011.

1. VidPro macrumors 6502a

VidPro

I'm sure there are other pixel threads out there so forum police please relax. I felt like starting a thread. :)

Anyway I have a weird one on my replacement iPad 2. An iPad 2 that has pretty much no light bleed and would be deemed perfect by most.

Anyway I have a pixel that only sticks after using the iPad for a bit. It's fine when I pick up the iPad but after a few minute of using it the pixel slowly ramps up white hot. What gives? Anybody have anything like this going on? If so did it work normally after awhile?

I think Apple genius' will shoot me if I go in again. I got the this the last replacement for you business. If this won't go away hello craigslist and a buy it return it until happy cycle.

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

3. VidPro thread starter macrumors 6502a

VidPro

I've been trying since last night. Called Apple and they want to see it so another trip to the Apple store today. I can only hope for one that looks as good as this unit. I aslo found at least two dead pixels too.

4. VidPro thread starter macrumors 6502a

VidPro

An image for fun.

The bottom burns a nice bright white on darker colors. I mean bright. The other two stay dark.

[​IMG]

5. JasonHD macrumors regular

As said in my thread, take it back. It is faulty. I would certainly not be pleased if I was you.

6. VidPro thread starter macrumors 6502a

VidPro

Actually leaving work in 10 min to head to Apple for a fourth time. It's a shame that this unit has dead pixels. The backlight bleed is non existent in this unit. Shame.

7. JasonHD macrumors regular

Are you in the US? I find myself feeling self conscious about how many times I have had to go back to apple store. I bet they are expecting me! Have you noticed a difference between the tint of the screens of the ones you have had?

8. VidPro thread starter macrumors 6502a

VidPro

At an Apple store now waiting. Yeah I get that way too. I'm not the type who likes being a pain. Yeah USA.

No tint issues on any of them.

9. Vert1go macrumors newbie

LOL, you people are unreal. If the new iPad has a microscopic spec of dust under the screen glass, will you head back for a fifth time?

10. VidPro thread starter macrumors 6502a

VidPro

The funny part is how dumb some people can be. It was three pixels one as bright as you. Hmm forget that last part. It was a lot brighter.

I'm really beginning to understand why crappy displays exist in the TV world. People for the most part will except crap and be happy. Amazing.

11. JasonHD macrumors regular

Win :)