Pixelated Horizontal Lines....

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by amanda877, Feb 14, 2010.

1. amanda877 macrumors newbie

Hello Everyone,

I've had my 15 inch Macbook Pro for almost four years and haven't had any major problems with it until today. I was browsing online when suddenly my screen was filled with this pixelated horizontal lines all across the screen.

So, I restarted the computer... heard the start up chime then came a grey screen with the same lines, I can see the apple logo at the start up and the loading bar underneath it... then the screen turns blue, still with the lines and that is all I'm able to see, I'm unable to do anything after that.

Any help would be greatly apprechiated, I'm 100% clueless on how to fix this...

Thanks,
    Amanda

Here's how it looks, sorry the quality isn't great.

[​IMG]

2. SaSaSushi macrumors 68040

SaSaSushi

Oh my, Amanda. That does not look good. You can try a PRAM reset to see if it helps (at startup when you hear the chime sound hold down command-option-P-R keys together. Holds the keys until the computer restarts and you hear the chime again, then release).

I'm thinking that looks like a failed logic board or graphics card though. :(

I hope I'm wrong since at 4 years you're definitely out of Applecare.

Best of luck and I hope it turns out to be nothing serious.

3. amanda877 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, I was afraid it was something serious. I've tried your suggestion but unfortunately no luck... :( and yes my Applecare expired back in June.

If I'm unable to get it repaired, do you know if there is anyway I can get my photos or anything off it? I really didn't have anything of any great importance on it except for them, and I'll be crushed if they are lost forever. :eek:...

4. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

Yes. It is highly unlikely that your hard drive is affected. You can take it out of the computer (or have someone else do it for you) and put it in a 2.5" SATA external enclosure and read the files from there.

However... you should have had a backup. ;)