Pixelated Login Screen Fix?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dgoff267, Jan 6, 2012.

1. dgoff267 macrumors newbie

Ever since I upgraded to Lion, when I try to login from the screensaver or sleep. the screen turns black and I have to scroll the mouse around to show the actual screen. Does anyone have any ideas how I can stop this from happening? I've even reinstalled Lion (without any luck).

Attached Files:

2. simsaladimbamba

3. dgoff267 thread starter macrumors newbie

Wrong Section

Ahhh!! I posted this in the wrong section. I meant for this to be in the Macbook Pro section. Regardless, I'm running a 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo with 4gb 1067 MHz DDR3 RAM. I've never tried a PRAM reset before. What is that/what does that do?

4. simsaladimbamba

Followed the link I posted yet?

And to have your own threads moved, instead of creating a duplicate one, just click the REPORT BAD POST button ([​IMG]) and let the mods know your wish.

5. submariner81 macrumors newbie

I have the same problem. I have reset the PRAM as well as the SMC. I am running lion on a 2010 17" macbook pro with 8gb ram. I am waiting for a new time capsule to arrive and will then be sending the mac out for repair. Ill let you know what they
    say.

6. Tenorsaw macrumors regular

I have the same problem. Please keep us updated.

7. ursacat macrumors newbie

Same problem here

Did the Pram reset. Will report back. Anyother ideas?

8. dgoff267 thread starter macrumors newbie

I also did the PRAM reset. No luck, but it seems to be happening a little less often. I've also called Apple Care and created a trouble ticket, and taken it into the store(as if they'd know how to fix it). I'm on a 2008 15" MBP WITH 2.66 processor and 4gb ram.

9. Tenorsaw macrumors regular

Does anyone have a solution to this issue?

Thanks.

10. RFDMacRumors macrumors newbie

Same issue...

I have this issue and would be very interested in an answer to it... I am not sure it was related to the Lion upgrade thou?

11. troubleshooter macrumors newbie

pixelated login screen fix

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4135?viewlocale=en_US

So after quite a few Apple personnel instructing me to reset the pRam, to no avail, and much trouble shooting on my own, I finally found someone at the Apple Store in Santa Rosa, Ca who actually may have the answer. There is actually an article in the Apple forum:

"OS X: Login window partially appears, cursor movement redraws screen"

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4135?viewlocale=en_US

There are instructions for this "fix" in that article from the link above. It seems that it goes back as far as Lion, and the bug has not been fixed yet. Hmmm.

Hope this helps!

Imac 21" 2010 Snow Leopard
    Macbook Pro 13" 2009 Snow Leopard
    Macbook Pro 13" Mountain Lion