Pixelated SLO-MO on 6+?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kas23, Sep 21, 2014.

1. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

I have an iPhone 6+ and when I record in Slo-Mo (or even look at the screen without recording), the screen looks pixelated and blurry. Anyone else have this issue? Is it because the screen is larger? Because I never had this issue in my 5S.

2. sumsingwong macrumors 6502a

sumsingwong

How about you take a screen shot so we can see it.

3. ScubaCinci macrumors 65816

ScubaCinci

The higher the frame rate, the more light that is needed. Apple probably has it set to boost ISO when using slo-mo which can result in a grainy image.

4. Sh4wN macrumors regular

Slow-mo vids are only 720p and require more light, a lot more. Thus the iPhone is more likely to boost the ISO, making the video more grainy.

5. ScubaCinci macrumors 65816

ScubaCinci

6. kas23 thread starter macrumors 603

kas23

I understand it needs more light, but I'm outside in the sun. Shouldn't need any more light than that. Plus, I've shot in the same environs with my 5S and I don't see the graininess.

It's hard to see on a screen shot, but maybe I'll upload a video later.

7. sumsingwong macrumors 6502a

sumsingwong

8. GrumpyMom macrumors 603

GrumpyMom

I took a slow motion video of my dog running in a sunny field yesterday. There was some artifacting around her that almost make it look like she was photoshopped into the video. The environment looked okay.

9. lsatterfield macrumors member

It's just how video works. For the most part, the quality and size is reduced in slow-mo video on even high end prosumer cameras.