pixellated picture in imovie

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by gambiagirl, Oct 21, 2011.

1. gambiagirl macrumors newbie

I have just bought a 4pin to 9pin firewire cable to connect my panasonice NC-DX100B to my macbook pro.When I open imovie it shows that the camera is connected and ready to import film.However,when I press play the picture on imovie is pixellated,(but not on the camera preview screen). I have tried importing and the imported frames are still pixellated.
    What can be the problem?

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

OK. iMovie is a movie editor, not a movie player. Do not confuse the application's preview function with a player application. The preview function is intended as aid to your editing function. Your finished product will playback at full resolution in the player of your choice.

3. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

Hmm...my miniDV imports have never played back pixellated. Go into Home Folder>Movies>iMovie Events>Your Import. You'll find the raw footage of your MiniDV footage here. Double click a file and it should open in Quicktime. If it's still pixellated then you have a problem somewhere, although I can't think of a solution.

4. cgbier macrumors 6502a

Are you watching your footage in full screen?

5. careypo macrumors member

You have a de-interlacing issue most likely. iMovie de-interlaces your video giving you big blocky pixels. Look into Final Cut Pro, which support interlaced video.