Pixelmator App for iOS Updated With Drag and Drop and HEIF Image Support

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Oct 10, 2017.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Pixelmator today updated its iOS app with full support for iOS 11, including importing HEIF images and Drag and Drop functionality on iPad.

[​IMG]

Drag and Drop support enables iPad users to easily move images and graphics between Pixelmator and other apps. For example, users can move their entire composition into apps like Mail, Messages, and Keynote by simply touching and holding outside the image canvas, then dropping the image into the other app.

[​IMG]

With support for HEIF images, Pixelmator for iOS users can now import images saved in the High Efficiency Image File Format. The new, more efficient format reduces file sizes without sacrificing quality, and is now used as the default on the iPhone 7 and later. Learn more about HEIF in our earlier coverage.

Last week, Pixelmator for Mac was also updated to include HEIF image support and integration with Apple's Photos app on macOS High Sierra.

The update also includes bug fixes for issues such as Pixelmator quitting unexpectedly when zooming in after starting a selection, compositions sometimes disappearing when adding or removing layers, and certain buttons in the Color and Format popovers occasionally not responding to touches.

Pixelmator version 2.4 is available on the App Store [Direct Link] as a free update for existing users. The app costs $4.99 for new users.

Article Link: Pixelmator App for iOS Updated With Drag and Drop and HEIF Image Support

2. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

So I assumed the forthcoming Pixelmator Pro was going to be the new version of Pixelmator, just with a fancier name. But with the recent Mac OS update, now iOS, with new features, not just compatibility fixes I'm guessing Pixelmator Pro is going to be a fuller featured version and both Pixelmator and Pixelmator Pro will live together side-by-side just like Photoshop Elements and Photoshop CC?

3. Michaelgtrusa macrumors 604

Nice update for this great team. Please check the images, they are not displayed.

4. calstanford macrumors regular

HEIF / .heic will go nowhere until Apple provides API write (not just read) support. Can't believe this oversight!
    So what are people supposed to do? Take a HEIF pic, open it in any editing app and save it as a JPG?

5. Ritsuka macrumors 6502a

Unfortunately it still doesn't play well with the new Files app. You can't open a document.

6. Smog macrumors regular

Still think some basic functions are missing iOS. One case being "fill" option. Such a simple gesture that's nowhere to be found

7. SigEp265 macrumors 6502

SigEp265

8. DesterWallaboo macrumors 6502a

DesterWallaboo

HEIF/HEIC looks pretty bad compared to JPEG. I've seen the pro photo sites doing side-by-side comparisons.

9. WinterWolf90 macrumors 6502

I wish they offered better non destructive edits on the phone and iPad. I really wants brushes and tools, but it seems like these are not important to them. Mostly just filters. With the new update on the mac, I finally got something I wanted in a powerful program that offers non destructive edits to my photos directory.