Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SteveW928

macrumors 68000
May 28, 2010
Victoria, B.C. Canada
Which parts of exporting for web are you having trouble with? Pixelmator Pro is objectively far more flexible (and full-featured) for this, but some things might be hidden away, so if we can make them easier to find, we probably should.

As for continuity, that's difficult to argue against. We decided on a pretty radical redesign (to create a very Mac-native app), so in a way, we're starting with a brand new app from scratch. But in each update, along with big new things, we're adding little things here and there to make the transition from Pixelmator smoother. And all feedback on this topic is much appreciated.

Sorry for such a delayed response... I saw the message of your reply but was too busy at the time to respond. I finally came across it again while 'cleaning' my email box. :)

The whole process after initiating the tool. I've tried and without finding some tutorial, I just don't even understand what is going on with it. I didn't need any tutorial to start using the export for web in Pixelmator.

I know not all features, especially advanced ones, are going to be usable without some learning, but the basics should. Pixelmator was like that for me. I was quickly productive with it and then had to find tutorials for certain things I couldn't find or figure out. Pixelmator Pro hasn't been like that for me... though, because I haven't been able to export, that has quickly stopped from putting any more time into it at the moment... so I just use Pixelmator until I have time to figure it out.

As for 'Mac-native' app. Hmm, I'm puzzled there. I've been using Macs for over 30 years now. while I think most software (including Apple's apps and OS) have become much less Mac-like in the past decade or so, I can often figure stuff out until I get deep into feature sets. Pixelmator Pro has been pretty confusing so far (though, as I've said above, I've only spent a few minutes here or there).

When you say Mac-like, do you mean more in terms of technology, or use of how Apple is doing apps now (supporting full-screen interfaces and features, etc.) or do you mean trying to implement longer-standing UI principals? (If the latter, I just don't see it.)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.