Pixelmator Pro Gains New ML Match Colors Feature for Matching Colors Across Different Photos

Discussion in 'Mac Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, May 14, 2019.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Pixelmator Pro, a popular photo editing app for the Mac, was today updated with a useful new feature called ML Match Colors. ML Match Colors is designed to intelligently match the colors of different photos to give them the same overall look, which is a useful feature if you want all of your photos to have the same aesthetic.

Like other ML features, ML Match Colors uses Core ML as its backbone. It was built using a machine learning algorithm trained on more than 20 million professional photos.

[​IMG]

The feature analyzes the colors of the source and target images and then it applies color adjustments to the target image adjusting parameters like white balance, lighting, brightness, shadows, highlights, and more.

In all, the ML Match Colors feature fine tunes 37 different adjustments in just a second to create photographs with the exact look that you're going for. ML Match Colors is available as an individual tool and in the Edit menu as a "Paste and Match Colors" option so you can automatically color match objects when pasting them into an image.

[​IMG]

In the near future, Pixelmator also plans to bring the ML Match Colors feature to its Pixelmator Photo editing app for the iPad.

Today's update also includes a new Free Transform feature for freely resizing, distorting, and transforming layers, plus it has a long list of bug fixes and performance improvements.

Pixelmator Pro can be downloaded from the Mac App Store for $39.99. [Direct Link]

Article Link: Pixelmator Pro Gains New ML Match Colors Feature for Matching Colors Across Different Photos

2. H3LL5P4WN macrumors 68020

H3LL5P4WN

This could be a must buy for me if the ML Match Colors feature works the way I'm hoping it does. I had a one-trick-pony filter app on iOS that I lost to the great 32bit purge; I'm hoping this can replicate that (it's not a 1 to 1 comparison, obviously).

3. ikir macrumors 65816

ikir

4. BWhaler macrumors 68030

BWhaler

5. JetTester macrumors 6502

And now with Adobe threatening users who don't upgrade, there's an additional incentive to buy this great app! Highly recommended!

6. Freida macrumors 68000

Still waiting for colour mask overlay when using brushes.
    Also, this feature has been in Photo Raw since their first version.
    However, I don't like Photo Raw so waiting for Pixelmator to implement tools for portrait photographers before I buy it otherwise I'll try Affinity.
    Shame Aperture got killed. :(

7. Solomani macrumors 68040

Solomani

Who is she!? That woman in the first desktop screen. Sorry, I had to ask. No wait. Not sorry.

8. SoyCapitanSoyCapitan macrumors 601

SoyCapitanSoyCapitan

Adobe didn’t threaten anyone. They said a third party license included in their old app would an issue.