pixelmator v3.5.1

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Lori5060, Nov 14, 2016.

1. Lori5060 macrumors newbie

i looked at a few posts on this app but most are older.
    Am a home user... I have macbook air and have converted to mac for the last year. Tho since selling my windows PC, i am now totally MAC and cannot go to Windows PC to do any projects that i could not do on MAC.

On windows PC, i used to use Adobe Photoshop Elements for editing/creating pics and images. Also used Adobe Premier Elements.

PS is expensive to buy for Macs as are a few others out there.
    I found Pixelmator and think it will be fine for the amount of times i would use it..
    Looks a lot like Elements.

I have downloaded the trial version V3.5.1.

found that i could not see many of the icons as the background was so black!
    guessed at a few things and was able to do a few edits on .png image. great but there was more i wanted to do.

The printing is so small i have difficulty reading the text. Tho i have been told i could possibly adjust this by going into Preferences/displays/scaled/retina display and choose larger text....tho i do not see that option on my app. i only have preferences/general,tools and ruler.

Do i need a specific version for Macbook air...maybe what i have is for macbook Pro or Mac Desktop?

can anyone give me some advice?
    thnx

2. Starfia macrumors 6502

Starfia

The setting you're referring to there is probably the "Displays" preference panel in  > System Preferences > Displays. You could try that, but I'm not sure whether it's available on the non-Retina MacBook Air.

You might be stuck with what you see for now – I use and love Pixelmator (once upon a time I used Photoshop Elements too), but yes, the tool and other palettes are minuscule and quite dark. I know the developers have acknowledged an updated interface has been one of the requests, and while I believe they're committed to maintaining and improving the app on the Mac, they've been silent for ages on a couple of the most requested features.

3. Left4DeadBoy macrumors regular

Left4DeadBoy

hi There! You can set up your Mac how you like; then you can even u-se it at home..

4. steve123 macrumors 6502

Hi threre, you might consider taking a look at Affinity Photo as well. Beware, both pixelmator and Affinity have been distracted with iPad and iPhone apps so the mac apps are still missing key elements that would make them serious contenders to replace PS.