PixelMator vs PhotoShop Elements 6?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by bluedoggiant, Apr 20, 2008.

?

PixelMator or PhotoShop Elements 6?

1. PixelMator

9 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. PhotoShop Elements 6

3 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. bluedoggiant macrumors 68030

bluedoggiant

So I have been using PixelMator, and absolutely love it, the UI, the speed (sickly fast on my 2.8 Alu), and everything is wonderful about it, though I've been wanting PSE6 before I knew about Pixelmator. I now PSE6 has tons more, but i also know the pixelmator is challenging elements, and dont want to spend on elements 6 when pixelmator will do me fine.

The real point of this thread is to discuss the differences and what you guys think, forget about me, I'd like to see what will come out.

2. Island Dog macrumors 6502a

Island Dog

I got Pixelmator with the MacHeist bundle, and I have been very pleased. I was using PSE4, but was never really impressed with it. PSE6 just seems more of a beginners tool than anything. If you are happy with Pixelmator, I think you already have your answer.

3. firstapple macrumors 6502a

firstapple

4. Mac In School macrumors 65816

How is the "Save for Web" function in PSE 6?

I own Pixelmator, but the lack of a Save for Web feature is what keeps me from actually being able to use it for work. Without this feature, the program is completely pointless to me. I need to be able to see a file size and preview when I export to JPG or GIF. I need to be able to select a matte color when exporting transparent GIFs.

5. bluedoggiant thread starter macrumors 68030

bluedoggiant

Well i've got both now, both are bought and licensed, ill be testing, PM is joyful to use, PSE6 is like world of what ever you want, u can just see the features, i will test the save for web

EDIT: feature works well, i dont find it buggy at all.