PixelSkin HD alternative For 5s ?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by maxsteel, Mar 28, 2014.

1. maxsteel macrumors newbie

I loved PixelSkin HD for my 4S. I heard that the 5s version sucks compared to the old model. What are the other options available that have the same material and fit perfectly?

2. Retired Cat macrumors 65816

As far as TPU cases, I've had the best experience with Diztronic's black TPU case for the 5/5S. The fit is phenomenally good and it only cost me something like $9 on Amazon.

Magpul has also gotten very good ratings, by I don't have any firsthand experience.

3. Xenomorph macrumors 65816

Xenomorph

Uh, where did you hear that?

I used the PixelSkin HD for my iPhone 4S. I loved it.

When I got my iPhone 5S, I got a PixelSkin HD for it. Do you know what? I love it more!
    It's just as good as the one for the 4/4S! In fact, it could be slightly better than the one for the 4/4S.

Some differences:
    * It gives a bit more room around the edges of front glass, which helps ensure compatibility with more screen protectors.
    * The sides are rounded more (they are flatter on the 4/4S version).
    * The "Speck" logo is moved to the side, so the back is nothing but squares (the logo is on the back on the 4/4S version).
    * The power button cover is a bit more loose (it was very stiff on the 4/4S version).

I've tried a few cases on the 5S (Apple's official leather one, a CandyShell Grip, etc) - the Speck PixelSkin HD is still my favorite case for it.

4. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

5. kar120c macrumors member

Tried tons of cases but I always come back to the Pixelskin HD for my 4s. Best case ever