PixelSkin HD, Grip Candy, NGP, or Similar?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by RichardC300, Sep 27, 2012.

1. RichardC300 macrumors 65816

RichardC300

I bought a Speck CandyShell for my iPhone 5 on launch day to hold me over until I find my ideal case. Well...there's 40 bucks down the drain... Anyways, with my 4S, the Belkin Essential was probably my all time favorite case, but it was too tight of a fit with a front and back screen protector on the phone, so I switched to the Speck PixelSkin HD. This case performed just as well as the Belkin. I liked the tiles on this case, but I much prefer the sleek look and feel of the Belkin. The Incipio NGP also caught my eye during my 4S case search and still does for its similar features.

The Belkin Grip Candy seems to be the iPhone 5 equivalent of the Belkin Essential. Although, one thing about the Grip Candy that I dislike is that it shows some of the metal on the back of the phone. Basically, the hole is too large.

Onto the question. I'm looking for the thinnest case that offers "lay on the table" protection, all-around coverage, and doesn't scratch the phone. Of the Speck, Belkin, and Incipio, which one is the thinnest? If there's any other similar cases, please suggest them! I would love to look into more options.

Speck:
    www.speckproducts.com/pixelskin-hd-for-iphone-5.html

Belkin:
    www.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=666427

Incipio
    www.incipio.com/iphone-5-ngp-semi-rigid-soft-shell-case.html

2. richxps macrumors 65816

richxps

3. RichardC300 thread starter macrumors 65816

RichardC300

If it's the same material as my old Belkin Essential, it'll pick up extremely oily prints, like you just ate some KFC, but they wipe off easily.

4. phantomsd macrumors 6502

phantomsd

Have you looked into the RocketFish Soft Shell from Best Buy? Its $22.99... $24 our the door. Yeah, I know... a Worse Buy case? Not in a million years! I would have never considered it if it weren't for the positive feedback on this forum.

Especially if you're just looking for a temp case at the moment... the RF is a surprisingly solid option. Fingerprints? Non-existant in my two days of testing so far. Not even natural hand oils.

5. RichardC300 thread starter macrumors 65816

RichardC300

It's not exactly the form factor I was looking for, one that covers the back, sides, buttons, and a slightly raised lip.

6. NYY FaN macrumors 6502

NYY FaN

I loved the NGP on my 4S.. but I'm disappointed that they don't have a transparent black option for the 5..

7. RichardC300 thread starter macrumors 65816

RichardC300

Oh, I think you're in luck. The iPhone 5 NGP on Amazon had a translucent black option.

8. Poob Bubes macrumors 6502a

Poob Bubes

9. RichardC300 thread starter macrumors 65816

RichardC300

I actually saw that one today and it looked really nice. Definitely considering it. I'm afraid the plastic portion of will scuff the the metal.

10. RichardC300 thread starter macrumors 65816

RichardC300