Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rumorman69

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 25, 2010
Hey there. So I was wondering, if I get a bad pixel skin hd through the free apple iphone case program, I can get it replaced by Speck right? Do I have to send speck (or apple) back the bad case first? How exactly does the replacement process work? Can I get it replaced with another case? Thanks :D

Knightshade

macrumors member
Jul 19, 2010
Hey there. So I was wondering, if I get a bad pixel skin hd through the free apple iphone case program, I can get it replaced by Speck right? Do I have to send speck (or apple) back the bad case first? How exactly does the replacement process work? Can I get it replaced with another case? Thanks :D

Email speck describing the problem

They'll likely ask you for a couple of things (proof you bought/own the case- a copy of your email from apple is fine here; probably the product code from the inside of the case, and some proof of the problem- in my case I took a video of the lock button being difficult to press and attached it to my reply).

Provide those, and your address, and they'll ship you a new one.

No need to return the old one.

rumorman69

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 25, 2010
Email speck describing the problem

They'll likely ask you for a couple of things (proof you bought/own the case- a copy of your email from apple is fine here; probably the product code from the inside of the case, and some proof of the problem- in my case I took a video of the lock button being difficult to press and attached it to my reply).

Provide those, and your address, and they'll ship you a new one.

No need to return the old one.

Thanks. Do they send the replacement in retail packaging though or just a plastic bag or something?

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
Do you guys know the product code of the bad batch?

I have a pixelskin hd where I can send them proof of that through the apple case but the case itself is not on me because it is so useless. i left it at home.

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
The product code of the bad batch?

You are rude and not helpful. I know that thread exists, I've posted in it many times before. Can't find the exact product code of the batch that is affected though.

You need prozac :rolleyes:

Dont need help anyways, jsut called a family memmber and they read it off to me.

macrumors newbie
Nov 10, 2010
Does Speck replace the pixelskin only if I bought it from apple or do they replace it no matter where I bought it?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.