pixelskin hd vs candyshell. help me choose

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bbhegedus, Apr 23, 2011.

1. bbhegedus macrumors regular

bbhegedus

Currently I've been using the Incase Snap, which is a nice case but doesn't offer much protection. The top corner part of the case near the mute switch has cracked and is getting ready to break off. So naturally, it's gonna be time for a new case. I love Speck cases and know tons of people who have had them and love them. Unfortunately, I like the Candyshell AND the Pixelskin HD, and I only want one case.

The things holding me back from the Candyshell are that I put my iPhone in a speaker dock a lot, and also, the Candyshell just isn't very stylish. Unlike the Pixelskin HD, which is a very nice looking case.

The thing holding me back from the Pixelskin is that after reading reviews, it seems that some people don't like the feel of the buttons on it. I love comfort when it comes to my cases, but i also love style and functionality.

Oh and one more thing, I don't drop my phone a lot so protection isn't the biggest issue here. Your help and opinions are much appreciated! Thank you all in advance. :)

2. nwmtnbiker macrumors 68000

nwmtnbiker

3. bbhegedus thread starter macrumors regular

bbhegedus

4. Ryanctf macrumors newbie

I've had both cases for quite a while and I like the pixelskin hd much much better.

5. iApples macrumors 65816

iApples

I loved my Speck Candyshell but the silicone around the screen started peeling and it made it look rather ugly. I sent an email to speck and they said they will replace it for nothing. I just have to mail it in. I'll probably do that in a few weeks.

Here are some pictures of what I'm talking about. The quality of the pictures isn't that good. Hopefully you can see what I mean.

If I had to choose between the two I would pick the candyshell (unless this silicone peeling is common amongst them all. Then I'd go with the pixelskin)

Attached Files:

6. bbhegedus thread starter macrumors regular

bbhegedus

Thank you all. Ordered the pixelskin hd yesterday off eBay :)

7. SirStrumalot macrumors 6502

Good choice. I use it myself, and it offers a good amount of protection (although not as much as the candyshell obv) without taking too much away from the form factor of the phone. Also doesn't add that much bulk.

Also, I experienced the peeling that iApples was talking about with 3 of my candyshells (two replacements sent by Speck) before deciding to change.