PixelSkin HD Wrap case for iPad 2

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by xraytech, Mar 16, 2011.

1. gravytrain84 macrumors 6502a

gravytrain84

2. robby818 macrumors 6502a

Does the cover have magnets? I'm guessing no because it says microsuction. Deal breaker for me.

3. briankeith513 macrumors 6502a

briankeith513

On March 31, on Twitter, Speck said the black PixelSkin HD Wrap will be in Target stores on the weekend of April 16th, then online shortly afterwards.

4. xraytech thread starter macrumors 68020

Woot Woot!!!

5. LaMerVipere macrumors 6502a

LaMerVipere

Oh this is awesome news, I really want to see how it looks in person before I pull the trigger, and if I wanted the black one anyway!

6. luckysob macrumors regular

The grid looks like a perfect way to collect dust, dirt, and miscellaneous crumbs. I would prefer a smooth surface.

7. VidPro macrumors 6502a

VidPro

Looks about the same on my iPhone and no problem with crud building up.

8. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

I have the PixelSkin HD on my iPhone 4. Best case I've ever used. It's hard plastic so dust/debris does not build up. If it was silicone then, I'd agree it would be a nightmare.

I'm looking foward to seeing the iPad version in action. I love my naked iPad2 right now but could be persuaded if it's light enough. But probably will stick with naked.

9. briankeith513 macrumors 6502a

briankeith513

I'm getting this right away, as this seems to be the thinnest case, that covers all sides and the back of the IPad 2, plus providing the same type of stand as the Smartcover. The idea of my IPad 2 being naked is disturbing to me, because I'd be extremely angry if I ever dropped it or scraped it and got scratches on this $600 device.

10. N23 macrumors regular

I'd be all over this case if it did. For $50 I want a sleep/wake function.

11. Josh125 macrumors 6502

Josh125

While I agree, it seems the only competition that has the sleep/wake thus far is the marware microshell folio which has a MSRP of $20 more.

12. N23 macrumors regular

Appears that way. I'm using a $14 ebay case that has sleep/wake,
    should hold me over just fine until more cases start rolling out.

13. Halebopp macrumors member

I just don't understand the big deal with the auto sleep/wake function.......I have it disabled and find it fairly annoying but I guess I am in the minority here..

I ordered the STM but I will seriously consider the PixelSkin as well once I see it in person. I still can't get an answer to how exactly the "micro-suction" works and what it really is

14. briankeith513 macrumors 6502a

briankeith513

Yep, I don't get it either. It's uber quick and easy to just press the sleep/wake button. What I care about, is the thinnest case that provides the most protection, while have a stand for typing and for viewing videos, and I've seen nothing that looks better.

Sent from my VZW iPhone using Tapatalk