PixelSkin HD.........WTF!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by bryann9182, Jun 11, 2011.

1. bryann9182 macrumors regular

Ok guys so i'm hearing more and more about the PixelSkin HD and how there is a revised version that really really sucks compared to the old version. I've heard complaints about the newer version having buttons that are very hard to push and this and that. Well I'm in a bit of a dilemma here. I have two of these cases. One was bought from Amazon.com and the other was from Specks website. I bought the second one off Speck's website because at first I believed that I had gotten the crappy version of the case on Amazon. Here are some pictures of the case side by side.

The first one I bought (from Amazon) is a darker color and more of a "plastic-y" texture. It has flatter buttons all around and on this one, the buttons are somewhat harder to press. The one I bought from Specks site has a more rubbery look to it. The buttons are outlined and seem a little easier to press. Here are the pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Amazon version on top, Speck version on the bottom

[​IMG] Amazon Version on top, Speck version on the bottom

[​IMG] Same thing, Amazon on top...Speck on the bottom

So here's where I am confused. The buttons on the Amazon one are harder to press, so I emailed Speck and asked if they could send me another one. They sent me the one that was more rubbery. However, NEITHER of these cases have the key shape cut out like the "old" model has. Neither of them have the outline going around the edge on the back of them like the new ones have, but they have the new camera cut out. If these are both the same version of the case, why does the material feel different, and why do the buttons look and feel different?

2. ratzzo macrumors 6502a

ratzzo

That doesn't seem to be the same case. To me, it seems that you bought the amazon one from an amazon seller rather than from amazon itself. If you compare the cuts in the case, you'll see the amazon one doesn't have the detail the Specks case has. :confused:

By the way, the images are huge :/

3. bryann9182 thread starter macrumors regular

Grrrrr...I know =( sorry

I went to edit this thread and accidentally made a new one because I lagged. Sorry