PkgBackup Install Problem

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by drummingcraig, Oct 12, 2011.

1. drummingcraig macrumors 6502a

drummingcraig

I am trying to purchase/install PkgBackup, but when I pull it up on Cydia and click the "install" button I am getting errors at the end of the process. The error messages tell me that I cannot install the app because it is a paid app. But I'm not seeing a "purchase button" anywhere.

What am I missing? :confused::confused:

2. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

Somethings up. I've been a paying customer for PkgBackup for a very long time and have done a lot of beta testing for Jibril. Today when I tried to upgrade to the 5.0.1 release (or whatever is in Cydia), I got the same message during the install that this is a paid app and must be purchased. I've contacted Jibril via email for resolution. We'll see what he says.

3. drummingcraig thread starter macrumors 6502a

drummingcraig

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I downloaded AptBackup in the meantime, but I would prefer to have PkgBackup as it seems to be more reliable from what I've read. So if you get a response please post back here. :)

4. scirica, Oct 15, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2011

scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

Hmmm...I just got a similar message from TetherMe, so I'm wondering if this is an issue with Cydia not tying my purchase history to the upgraded app. Very frustrating.

additionally, Cydia "manage account" functionality is down and the Cydia home page is not displaying my SHSH history. Hopefully this will just resolve itself over time as things settle down with all the 5.0 activity on the servers.

5. SFC Archer macrumors 68000

SFC Archer

I have the same issue with MultiCleaner and other paid Cydia apps. Seems that our accounts are not loading in iOS 5. I have sent Saurik an email in regards to accounts not displaying so hopefully we will be able to load them shortly.

6. bmwhd macrumors 6502a

bmwhd

Can't get to Cydia account info on either of my phones.

7. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

Seems to be across the board with paid apps. Saurik should be able to figure this out so I guess the answer is to just hold tight...

8. SFC Archer macrumors 68000

SFC Archer

Saurik is on the ball...All accounts should now be loading and you should be able to install your purchased apps!!!

Just downloaded and installed my very much missed MultiCleaner and it works perfectly!!! Best background app killer available!!!

9. jdaniel macrumors 65816

u would be wrong pkgbackup is a pain to use the interface is all complicated for no reason.. xbackup allows your to save your back up on your comp.. say if u use iphoneplorer.. or ifile and dropbox on your phone.. or whatever methods.. i used pkgbackup before and it always gave me problems when it restores.. it doesnt do it right.. some things will be missing... I have using xbackup for a long time and it NEVER misses any tweaks or whatever else I have from cydia and no matter what sources.. it basically puts back all your sources.. then download everything u had before from all the various sources..no matter what the sources r.

10. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

Looking better, although now the server is getting slammed with everyone catching up. I'll try back in a little bit.