PkgBackup restore on 5.1.1 causing endless safe mode

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by SimonQQ, May 25, 2012.

1. SimonQQ macrumors member

I recently updated from 5.0.1 to 5.1.1 and backed up all my packages in PkgBackup.

When I went to restore it after being jailbroken on 5.1.1 I'm stuck in an endless cycle of safe modes and keep having to respring them.

I've run crash logs on safe mode and see that there is no noticeable source.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

2. bmwhd macrumors 6502a

bmwhd

This happened to me last time. I had a ton of tweaks and one of them wasn't ready for the OS upgrade. I ended up adding them back one at a time until I found the culprit.

3. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

Try instelling sbsettings when in safemode

run it, in more/mobilesubstrate add ons you can deselect package, that way you can rather quickly find out which package is at fault, deselect all and enabale 1 by 1

4. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Of course it does ! When you restore dozens of packages at one time, how can you know everyone of them is compatible with newest firmware 5.1.1.

Very dangerous.

5. labman macrumors 604

labman

what I do is go very basic at 1st only my most important tweaks I know are compatible. Latter when cydia is stable and dev's have a chance to update the tweaks I can then use pkgbackup.

6. bw1128 macrumors 6502a

happens to me every time, actually happening to me right now!! im having to restore and rejailbreak, then install each major tweak one at a time. i dont see the point in pkgbackup if this happens every time. the point of pkgbackup is to not have to reinstall each one, one at a time!

7. AnotherBrian macrumors regular

PkgBackup

It worked fine for me and settings were all there except for some activation swipes, I have quite a few tweaks also. I had to run it a couple of times to get all of them to install, repos probable pretty busy. So far everything seems compatible with 5.1.1.

8. SimonQQ thread starter macrumors member

Thanks everyone, installed everything one by one and found Dashboard X to be the culprit lol

9. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

The usefulness of PkgBackup is for a same firmware restore, say your phone needs replaced or restored to same firmware.

10. bmwhd macrumors 6502a

bmwhd

I was pleasantly surprised that it worked perfectly for me this time going from 5.0.1 to 5.1.1

11. ZCherub macrumors 6502a

ZCherub

This! I never jump on an update as soon as a developer has a jailbreak for it. Want to give it time to stabalize/work the bugs out, and also give Cydia's servers time so that my JB/tweaks will actually go through!