Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brokin

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 25, 2010
i download the new pkgbackup from cydia today since it now has the ability to link to your dropbox account. when i set it up in the app it just sits there saying "scanning all packages". has anyone got the new pkgbackup to work?

matthew23

macrumors 6502
Aug 27, 2010
i download the new pkgbackup from cydia today since it now has the ability to link to your dropbox account. when i set it up in the app it just sits there saying "scanning all packages". has anyone got the new pkgbackup to work?

Same for me. Now Cydia crashes too when I go to my packages and try and scroll down....

brokin

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 25, 2010
ive deleted it and reinstalled it. same thing happens scanning all packages please wait... and it just sits there. i only have like 30 packages installed.

brokin

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 25, 2010
Same for me. Now Cydia crashes too when I go to my packages and try and scroll down....

ive read this version of cydia: Cydia v1.0.3366-1.deb has crashing issues when scolling though apps. there is an unofficial new version out there that fixes the issues

brokin

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 25, 2010
ive deleted it and reinstalled it. same thing happens scanning all packages please wait... and it just sits there. i only have like 30 packages installed.

sorry for all the posts.

when i switch back to the address book method it works just fine so its an issue with dropbox.

xavierpunkreno

macrumors 6502
Jul 22, 2010
Hate it.

Doesn't let you use address book sync if you have activesync enabled which pretty much defeats the purpose. Forces you to use dropbox yet the dropbox sync doesn't work. I want my old pkgbackup back.

matthew23

macrumors 6502
Aug 27, 2010
ive read this version of cydia: Cydia v1.0.3366-1.deb has crashing issues when scolling though apps. there is an unofficial new version out there that fixes the issues

Oh, I never noticed and assumed it related to this program. Anyone know where I can get the ltest unofficial version of Cydia?

WhatAmI

macrumors 6502a
Sep 2, 2009

Unofficial new version, rite.............

bern43

macrumors member
Sep 28, 2010
I believe the developer is aware of the issues with this update and another update is coming soon.

brokin

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 25, 2010
Unofficial new version, rite.............

its true. i had the same issue (scrolling through packages it would crash). installed unofficial newer build: 1.0.3366.7 and it works great without issues.

WhatAmI

macrumors 6502a
Sep 2, 2009
An update was deployed in Cydia just now, fixes the dropbox and Never ending package scanning.

And for the love of everything that's holy - stay well clear of noob hacked versions of Cydia!

h1r0ll3r

macrumors 68040
Dec 28, 2009
Maryland
Just updated as well figuring it was safe :rolleyes:

This thing works perfectly for me. Took about 5-10 seconds from start to finish. Didn't configure Dropbox yet but seems like it's working fine for me.

And I'm also using the genuine release of Cydia, not the Philippines/hacked version floating out there.

Foxnolds

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2008
updated PKBbackup as well just now, and still sits on "scanning all packages" after configuring dropbox.

*edit*
http://www.pragmatixconsulting.com/iphoneApps/Changelog.html
see dev update, working fine for me after running command.

OK I had to
rm -rf /var/root/Library/Preferences/com.pragmatixconsulting.packagebackup.plist

then Reloaded PKGBackup from Cydia, Power Off iPhone then Power-on and wait 6 minutes for reboot.

By default it scanned my packages successfully with default Contacts destination. Fails Backup to Contacts with ActiveSync message.
Enabled DropBox account.
This time Package scan succeeded in a few seconds.
Backup to DropBox successful - Yeh! :)

onefish2

macrumors member
Oct 10, 2006
Nanuet, NY
OK I had to
rm -rf /var/root/Library/Preferences/com.pragmatixconsulting.packagebackup.plist

then Reloaded PKGBackup from Cydia, Power Off iPhone then Power-on and wait 6 minutes for reboot.

By default it scanned my packages successfully with default Contacts destination. Fails Backup to Contacts with ActiveSync message.
Enabled DropBox account.

That is so funny. I had to do the same thing but I did not reboot. At $5, I thought that its a fair price but now its $7 something. Seems a bit high. The only way that you can assign a price to this app is when you upgrade and have to re-jailbreak or if you screw something up and have to wipe the phone and then jailbreak again. Then this app becomes indispensable. and a HUGE time-saver.

tctony

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2009
That is so funny. I had to do the same thing but I did not reboot. At $5, I thought that its a fair price but now its $7 something. Seems a bit high. The only way that you can assign a price to this app is when you upgrade and have to re-jailbreak or if you screw something up and have to wipe the phone and then jailbreak again. Then this app becomes indispensable. and a HUGE time-saver.

Well yeah..thats the point.

It's pretty much a 1-click restore.. If he just included FolderEnhancer support instead of Categories...

[ps] I got it for $5, I agree $7 might be a little too steep

jacobp

macrumors member
Nov 14, 2007
OK I had to

Enabled DropBox account.

I'm having the same problem with the "new" PkgBackup. I am a real newbie, so I don't quite understand what you did to get this to work. Can you explain the first step a bit more. That is, what did you run on your iphone to be able to type in the "rm" command.

WhatAmI

macrumors 6502a
Sep 2, 2009
I'm having the same problem with the "new" PkgBackup. I am a real newbie, so I don't quite understand what you did to get this to work. Can you explain the first step a bit more. That is, what did you run on your iphone to be able to type in the "rm" command.

http://cydia.saurik.com/package/mobileterminal but beware, if there are several versions in Cydia make sure you pick the one which fits your fw version

Foxnolds

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2008

MobileTerminal is just crashing for me on iPhone 4 JB OS 4.1.
I tried reloading MobileTerminal but I had no luck, so I used SSH from Windows
using PUTTY.
Also, from Windows, I could cut and paste the command from the forums into PUTTY to save all that typing.

I hope that helps.
As stated earlier, PKGBackup is ideal for restoring my current count of 65 JB apps after upgrading OS.

I'll use it again to goto 4.2.1 when an untethered JB is released.

Note, I have 97 Universal Apps plus 310 iPhone apps. Using Categories with my own Category Icons, I only have 6 tidy Screens of apps to scroll through, with all screens limited to 12 Apps/Icons per screen to leave bottom row free for swiping. This is much more workable solution for over 400 Apps on an iPhone than Apples limited / Ugly Grouping option introduced in iOS 4+.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.