iPhone PKGBackup Works Nicely on my 5S

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by hakr100, Jan 13, 2014.

1. hakr100 macrumors 6502a

I've used Package Backup (PKGBackup) on previous model jailbroken phones, and I am pleased to see its author has an updated version for the latest phones and IOS on the Big Boss repository.

Just downloaded and used the latest version 5.4.5, and it corrected a minor problem that popped up with the previous update. Working well again.

2. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

I've done a lot of beta testing for Jibril (dev) in the past on iPhone 4, but hadn't gotten around to installing it on my 5s. Got an email from him last night that said it is working so I'm going to install it and see how it goes. i believe you will be seeing another update soon as he also sent me a beta :D

3. The Mad Hatter macrumors 6502a

The Mad Hatter

If the icon disappearing is considered minor? ;-)

I'm just glad it was corrected in 5.4.5

4. jt999 macrumors regular

Great App!
    So happy to have it working on my 5s.
    Backs up everything perfectly.

Also great service. Had problem with update and developer responded in minutes with a new update that fixed the problem.

5. scirica, Jan 13, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2014

scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

One thing I noticed during backup is that it is saying that there are 21 10mb chunks of data for Voice Memos, however I have no voice memos at all on my phone?

Anyone else seeing something similar?

Update: Apparently this was my issue. When I went into the file system I found a bunch of old voicemails from 2009. Given this is a brand new 5s, I have no idea why iCloud put them on my phone. This was a setup as new iPhone in November.