PL Mount lens to DSLR - Is it possible ??

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by igmolinav, Apr 27, 2011.

1. igmolinav macrumors 65816

Hi,

Is it possible to attach a Pl mount lens to a DSLR ?? How ??

I found this web page to be really cool, even though the
    items are way pricey !!!

I particularly liked this lens, the 17-50 mm zoom:
    http://www.red.com/products/lenses

Kind regards,

igmolinav

2. legreve macrumors regular

legreve

Im gonna be a bastard... Google had the answer in shorter time than it took you to ask in here..... "pl to dslr"... go fetch.

3. zblaxberg Guest

zblaxberg

What he said ^ but in all honesty, why would you want to mount a RED lens onto a DSLR. That's just a waste when you can get a lens with the same focal range from Canon or Nikon for much cheaper.

4. igmolinav thread starter macrumors 65816

Hi,

Thank you for your answers : ) !!!

I am a member of different forums, not only photography forums. In all these forums every now and then it is agreed that one could have asked Google. However, we have also agreed in those other forums, that by placing a question, one may get different information to what already is out there.

Yes, I would be using a lens like the Canon 16-35 mm. It is a very good lens. For the price, I wonder what manufactures this Red brand lens that is so expensive. In the FAQ in their website, they say that at the moment "it is confidential" to say who the manufacturers for the lenses are. However, the Red primes are manufactured by Schneider Kreuznach in Germany who also manufactured some medium format lenses for photography. Sharper than Zeiss and more expensive.

Very kind regards,

igmolinav : ) !!!

5. TheStrudel macrumors 65816

TheStrudel

If you have to ask...you need to do some more basic research to understand lens construction and design.

Or to phrase another way: if you have to ask why it's so expensive, they're not trying to sell it to you.

But why would you want to get a lens that outresolves the camera sensor? Canon, Nikon and others already sell lenses that outresolve their sensors.