Places in UK to fit SSD!?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by farrance, Nov 17, 2011.

1. farrance macrumors newbie

Where is a decent place that will fit my new SSD in my 20" iMac in the UK and not kill me over the price to do so?

Any help is much obliged!

:D :apple:

2. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

I Hate To Say It

Bit I looked around, plenty of places to BUY them, but the only place I could find that will fit them (and I'm NOT recommending) is P.C.World.

Another option would be to look for a small OEM in your area, you will usually get better service from a small company.

The other alternative is to do it yourself......In which case, plenty of D.I.Y videos are on youtube etc.

3. farrance thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, Ill pass on PC World because I'd like an iMac when I get it back, not a really good looking paperweight.

And Ill pass on fitting it myself aswell, as I'll probably **** it up haha

4. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

I Don't Blame You

I used to rip em apart, but I stick to RAM upgrades now! The old eyes are going! My iMac 27" i7 has 16GB of RAM (Came with 8) and I did that myself, but I have Applecare on all my stuff.

Your best bet is to find a local computer shop, ring them and see if they know what they are talking about....SSD? If they sound okay, look for recommends in your area....Best I can do I'm afraid.

5. farrance thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you very much for your help! I was curious as to if an Apple Store would fit one for me. It's only a 128GB one going into a 20" Alu iMac.

But I shall keep searching!

6. Glen Quagmire macrumors 6502a

Visit your local newsagent and take a look at some of the Mac magazines on display. Note the names/URLs of some of the dealers advertising and phone/email them to see if they'll do it.