Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CoryBoyUSA

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 7, 2007
Obviously we can buy the BTO versions directly through Apple.com. I knew that PowerMax.com also sells several BTO versions. But just tonight, I realized MacMall also lets you customize, so the 3.40 is available for just $2139 through them, which is a great price.

Does anyone know of other online resellers that sell the upgraded versions?

kevin2223

macrumors member
Jul 31, 2010
B&H currently has a number of pre-configured models available (for pre-order), priced around what Apple charges. You can get the 3.4 w/ 1GB GPU, 3.4 w/ 2GB GPU, 8GB of RAM, 1TB w/ SSD, and 2TB. It's certainly more options (on the high-end) than BestBuy and Amazon offer.

MacMall's discount is nearly eliminated if you opt for any other upgrades (i.e. 2GB GPU) as they probably pay closer to what an individual pays, compared to some of the more common stock options.

kramjam

macrumors 6502
Feb 3, 2008
California
Interesting. With these sites or any other ones, anyone know of one that may offer good financing offers? Skeptical of the Barclaycard after all the bad things I read online. I have the money to buy the computer, just prefer to finance it right now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.