Places to get good refurbs on MBP

hitman45400

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 23, 2008
i don't really need a new one, so i've been trying to find some good ones, i was look at apples prices, is that as cheap as i can get?

sickmacdoc

macrumors 68020
Jun 14, 2008
New Hampshire
I have never seen refurbs anywhere BUT on Apple's online store. Keep in mind that by buying it from the Apple refurb store you get the full factory warranty and they are eligible for AppleCare coverage, both things that would probably not be true were there some other firm offering refurbs.

stukdog

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2004
I have never seen refurbs anywhere BUT on Apple's online store. Keep in mind that by buying it from the Apple refurb store you get the full factory warranty and they are eligible for AppleCare coverage, both things that would probably not be true were there some other firm offering refurbs.
I agree, the added benefit of AppleCare makes the Apple Store the best option.

YOu can watch the prices as it does fluctuate now and then.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
The Far Horizon
I agree completely; the security/peace of mind of the Apple full warranty and that they are eligible for Applecare is worth a good bit when buying a refurb.

Cheers

hitman45400

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 23, 2008
yeah and plus i heard about the new OS and all the upgrades..
man, i'm having such a hard time with this..

hitman45400

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 23, 2008
Thats weird..
i would think it would make more since to put it on the new MBPs.
so, should i save my pennies and get a new one when they come out, or get a refurb?