Placing a Macbook order today

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by gumnaam, Jun 2, 2009.

  1. gumnaam macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jun 2, 2009
    #1
    Complete Newbie here....placing an order on the website today for the 1300 bucks Mac. I need it by the weekend.

    Just wondering if I should hold off until the conf. Any predicate instances where there was an upgrade and/or change to the Macbook...

    Any thoughts...
     
  2. rgarjr macrumors 603

    rgarjr

    Joined:
    Apr 2, 2009
    Location:
    Southern Cal
  3. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

    Eidorian

    Joined:
    Mar 23, 2005
    Location:
    Indianapolis
    #3
    I'd wait for WWDC for the aluminium models.

    WhiteBook 9400M G is a much better buy on the hardware right now.
     
  4. emt1 macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Jan 30, 2008
    Location:
    Wisconsin
    #4
    If there are upgrades, they will be minor. Buy it now! I have a unibody MB and it is by far my favorite out of all of the computers I have owned.
     
  5. HLdan macrumors 603

    HLdan

    Joined:
    Aug 22, 2007
    #5
    Telling us you need it by the weekend and then asking us should you wait until WWDC don't work well here.. Either you need it or you don't because if you can wait then you don't need it. Please inform us further on why you need it for this weekend?
     
  6. gumnaam thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jun 2, 2009
    #6
    Just a surprise for someone and wanted to give it in person when I meet them this weekend
     
  7. Richard1028 macrumors 68000

    Joined:
    Jan 8, 2009
    #7
    I hope she's worth it.
     
  8. zw-gator macrumors 6502a

    zw-gator

    Joined:
    Oct 23, 2005
    Location:
    Canada
    #8
    uggg, people, just wait...it's like 6 more days

    If you CAN'T wait, then IMO you have no right to complain if they update the MacBook
     
  9. HLdan macrumors 603

    HLdan

    Joined:
    Aug 22, 2007
    #9
    Well, here's my take, unless the person is a Mac geek and keeps up with the latest Intel processors and feature sets then I would say don't buy it. I would wait until WWDC. I'm in the same boat as you, I want to sell my RevB Macbook Air in favor for the Macbook since Apple updated the screen. I want to sell my Air before Apple updates it so it will still be the current model. If I sell it now and buy the Macbook I could miss out on an update but I decided to wait till WWDC and I recommend that to you as well. If nothing happens then make your purchase after that.
     
  10. gumnaam thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jun 2, 2009
    #10
    Alright then....waiting it is...will have to do something 'special' until then....

    Thanks all
     
  11. gumnaam thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jun 2, 2009
    #11
    Totally....first i gave the iphone...now this
     
  12. jamesschmidtke macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Mar 15, 2008
    #12
    ha, maybe his chick is a mac rumors regular, sounds like shes getting all her gear the right way
     
  13. JamesGorman macrumors 65816

    JamesGorman

    Joined:
    Dec 31, 2008
    Location:
    Winnipeg
    #13
    lol hopefully she loves you forever for getting her all this apple gear.
     
  14. opinioncircle macrumors 6502a

    opinioncircle

    Joined:
    May 17, 2009
    #14
    Gold digger, anyone =D....Kidding dude
     
  15. rgarjr macrumors 603

    rgarjr

    Joined:
    Apr 2, 2009
    Location:
    Southern Cal
    #15
    I believe Mac Digger was the term you were looking for.. :D
     

Share This Page