Placing multiple windows on desktop

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Rich1803, Oct 27, 2009.

1. Rich1803 macrumors newbie

I am an newbie and learn daily. How do I view multiple windows on my desktop? I'm sure I just haven't figured it out yet, but it would sure speed up my work.:)

2. arjen92 macrumors 65816

arjen92

You can use expose to see all windows next to eachother and choose which one you want to see (so you can't work on them, but you can see all your program windows). Check your preferences; mouse and expose.

In the right lower corner is a "corner" (little triangle) with which you can resize the window. That way you can make it half the size of the screen, and place it next to another window.

3. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

I'm not sure what you're asking. Mac OS X is, like all modern operating systems, a windowed OS. There are always a bazillion windows open. More often people are asking how to show only one window.

4. jw2110 macrumors newbie

i use spaces for this. i have one window showing and then if i move my mouse to the bottom left hand corner of the screen, small 8 boxes show up with all my different windows in it and then i click on the one i want to view and that shows up big. its useful... go on spaces.

JOSH