Placing Order in 20 hours! High-Res Help!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by brandonb123, Apr 26, 2010.

1. brandonb123 macrumors newbie

Hey All,

getting ready to place my order for an i5 15'' MBP tomorrow night and I need some more help with the High res.

I saw a thread here that the high res was blurry? and the text smoothing wasn't working correctly? Is this true?

So I've narrowed it down to these few pros and cons:

Pro: More screen real estate
    Better looking pictures and movies

Cons: Text + Menus too small (I am a college student and sometimes up late studying on the computer)
    worse for gaming (only running starcraft 2)

I need advice of any other pros/cons that will help me make my decision. Unfortunately, I cannot get to a store to check them out :(

Thanks

2. JoshGlzBrk macrumors 6502a

JoshGlzBrk

I have had no problems at all with my hi res glossy 15" screen. These people who have problems must have eye problems as well..

3. TxMacAddict macrumors 6502

4. davidlv macrumors 65816

You don't really need help, but you do need to do your homework! There are several threads on this subject, with many people stating the HR screens are really sharp, very good quality etc. etc.
    The real question is whether or not you want the high resolution and if you do, which one, glossy or anti-glare. A higly debatable issue it seems, with fans on both sides.
    I have a normal low-res glossy and I like the glass, as it is so easy to clean. I can work around the reflections at my desk easily enough. If I couldn't, I would definitely go for the anti-glare, as I believe Apple has done a good job on both. The battery issues/discrete graphics kicking in and running down the battery issue is much more troubling than the screen.:eek::apple::eek: Then again. if you do not depend on the battery, it really isn't important and Apple will probably fix this in an update in good time.

5. spaceballl macrumors 68030

spaceballl

I just ordered a high res glossy i7 24 hours ago :D

6. brandonb123 thread starter macrumors newbie

David,

I know I want the glossy screen so the antiglare is out of the question.

I guess my biggest worry is eye strain b/c of sharper/smaller fonts and menus :( This is the only thing holding me back from getting the High Res as of this moment. So if anyone can jump in about this issue it would be great :)

Thanks,

7. Pavia macrumors regular

Same here.

@Topicstarter, HR should not be blurry, higher dotpitch, higher quality. If it doesn't meet your wantings, just return it?

8. mak713 macrumors member

Hey Brandon!

You may want to refer to my post: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=905284. Hope that helps.