Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tomovich

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 5, 2007
Hello

I'm looking for an iPhone and iPad app with which I can edit plain text files made with Texteditor on OS X and saved in iCloud. I've found several options but all of those do more than what I need. I just want to open the file on my iPhone or iPad and edit them. Searching would be great too but that's all I need.

Simplenote looks fine but doesn't use iCloud, all others do more than I need. I don't need Markdown or other things I will never use.

Do you guys know of such an app? It has to be quality though.

Thanks!

Tomovich

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 5, 2007
I've read about Drafts 4 and it saves in iCloud drive but doesn't sync I think. There's something on their website where they explain the difference.

Alrescha

macrumors 68020
Jan 1, 2008
I'm looking for an iPhone and iPad app with which I can edit plain text files made with Texteditor on OS X and saved in iCloud.

Curiously, is there something about the Notes app the doesn't work for you? (I realize that strictly speaking the files might not be stored as plain text, but copy and paste into TextEdit, vi, etc makes that a moot point).

A.

Reactions: spitf1r3

Tomovich

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 5, 2007
I don't like Notes and if I'm gonna use Notes then it won't be that straightforward anymore with Texteditor on the Mac. And that's what I want. Save on Mac, edit on iPhone, back to Mac...

Tomovich

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 5, 2007
I will look into these but that means that I will need to change on the Mac too and I rather like Texteditor.

emembee

macrumors 6502
Oct 31, 2013
Surrey,UK
I will look into these but that means that I will need to change on the Mac too and I rather like Texteditor.
Textastic is my favourite though not optimised yet for Pro. Simple interface, saves to iCloud automatically and can also upload or download from Dropbox and other clouds, also FTP etc

Has fantastic options with builtin keyboard too, well worth the money and works on phone too (and a mac version).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.