Plain text messages being sent out as MMS instead?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Linda in NJ, Mar 10, 2010.

1. Linda in NJ macrumors newbie

Last Friday, I sent an MMS message with a photo to a friend. Since then, every message I have sent him has gone as an MMS message even though they're all plain text. I deleted our threads and started a new text message thread with him, but the problem persists. Has anyone else seen this?

I have gone into Settings and turned off MMS, which I think should fix the problem. I'd like to turn it back on, though, since I do use it occasionally.

As a side note, I also wonder if there's not some kind of virus on my phone now. That Friday, I received a spam photo via MMS (dirty picture!). My friend was with me at the time and thought it was hilarious for some reason, and wanted me to forward it to him - so I did. Then I deleted it. I wonder if there was something wrong with that particular message.

2. chargit macrumors 6502a

chargit

well that happened alot to me on my last iPhone but since I just got this new one I have not been told about it. I have no clue how to fix it but it has happened to more than just you!